Rest assured at L'Horizon on World Sleep Day
Today, Friday 15th March, is World Sleep Day and at L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, you can rest assured they know the importance of sleep!
The hotel has invested in ensuring its guests have the means to get enough of it during their stay. All bedrooms have super comfortable Lansdowne Cashmere collection beds from Royal bedmakers, Hypnos and all guests receive an extra special turndown service with a lavender pillow spray.
All aspects of relaxation are covered whether it is day or night, as guests can snuggle down with a sumptuous soft and fluffy duvet and pillow during their Spa treatments and as well as a relaxation room, the Spa has a unique sleep room too; to provide some extra time to relax and doze off, if they want to.
The room is kitted out with lower level lighting, blankets and headphones so that guests can lie back and tune in to the sounds of the sea and other calming music.
Commenting on L’Horizon’s relaxing Spa, Matt Riley Health Club & Spa Manager said, “There’s nothing worse than poor sleep. Light, noise, alcohol, caffeine, heat, stress and big meals can all hinder how much sleep we get but we believe we’ve created the ideal setting, not only in our hotel rooms but also in our Spa to lie back, unwind and even catch up on some of that sleep.”
World Sleep Day is a yearly awareness campaign organised by the World Sleep Day Committee of the World Association of Sleep Medicine to promote the importance of sleep.
According to the Committee, sleep is important to keep the heart healthy, lower stress levels, reduce chronic inflammation, boost memory and to improve both physical and mental performance the following day.
Here are some of their tips to improve the quality of your sleep:
• Keep a consistent sleep schedule by going to sleep and waking up at approximately the same time;
• Avoid caffeine and caffeinated food and drinks five hours before bedtime and although alcohol can send you off to sleep, it’s likely to interrupt your sleep as your body processes it;
• Improve your sleep environment by making it dark, quiet and cool;
• Exercise in the morning to give you energy throughout the day but avoid exercise right before
• If you’re not asleep in 20 minutes, get out of bed and do something else to relax. Go back to bed when you are really sleepy.